These days in ski resorts ski helmets have become a common site, with most skiers and snowboarders choosing to wear them. Not only do they protect you from the dangers on the slopes, they are also great for keeping you warm while out in the mountains. And thanks to the advanced in technology of the last 10 years these days ski helmets are lightweight, good looking and a pleasure to wear, plus help to protect your head!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT SIZE OF SKI HELMET
Your ski helmet should sit comfortably on your head, without too much compression anywhere on your head and without putting pressure eon your forehead or temples.
To measure the circumference of your head, grab a tape measure and place it around his head like you would a headband: above your eyebrows and ears. You should end up with a size usually between 50 and 65 cm.
Adult size grid
Attention: to choose the right size of helmet make sure you refer each brands specific sizes.
SMALL – 52-55.5cm
MEDIUM – 55.5 – 59cm
LARGE – 59- 62.5cm
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT HELMET MODEL
- Construction of the shell
There are 2 types of manufacturing for ski helmets / snow :
IN MOLD construction, which allows manufactures to make light helmets with good ventilation. They also distribute the forces around the head incase of an impact.
CLASSIC construction, which allows manufactures to offer lower priced products, however they do sacrifice some of the lightness and air circulation.
There are many technologies and constructions that exist for ski and snowboard helmets these says, so to help you understand a little more below we will explain each area of a helmet a little more for you. So you can make a more informed choice.
- Weight: The lighter your helmet is the less you will notice you are wearing it, and the more you will enjoy your day out on the slopes. The less weight you have to carry on your head the better and your movements will be less restricted.
- Ventilation : The majority of helmets these days have some sort of ventilation system, helping to regulate the temperature inside your helmet. of your head. Some helmets also feature adjustable ventilations systems, so you can vary the temperature exactly to your liking.
- Size Adjustment : Many helmets these days have some sort of size adjustment system. For example some helmets use an adjustment wheel behind the helmet so you can get a customized and very precise fit.
- Hygiene : After a day of skiing or snowboarding it can be nice to remove the inner liner of your helmet and give it a wash. Most helmets these days offer a removable inner liner to make this quick and easy.
- Audio : It is possible to get some ski helmets that come equipped with an inbuilt audio system, so you can listen to your favourite tunes while out on the mountain. If you helmet does not come with an inbuilt system there are some brands that allow you to attach them as an extra.
Make sure you check out some of these top brands of ski and snowboard helmets.